This is a live stream of La Plata, Missouri, USA, for people who enjoy watching trains.
Actual start date: May 19, 2017
The PTZ camera is sponsored by Duane & Curt Lundgren, in memory of their hometown Great Northern Railroad. Thank you both!!
Want to take a trip to La Plata? Stay at the Depot Inn & Suites: https://www.depotinn.com/
Check out Bob & Amy Cox’s business, Train Party: http://www.trainparty.com/
Radio Feed: https://bit.ly/2NbpuII
Informational Map: http://www.curtlundgren.com/la_plata.jpg (Courtesy of Curt Lundgren, thanks Curt!)
You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but keep in mind that there’s a community with rules already established. Please check them out below.
La Plata East: https://youtu.be/AAQUGsUzWbE
La Plata West: https://youtu.be/0pG8AF_eCGI
La Plata 360: https://youtu.be/XviGuHOFHd8
Help us raise funds for the displays at the American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation: https://tinyurl.com/y8xc6gve
APRHF homepage: http://www.aprhf.org/
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: https://virtualrailfan.com/recording
• Be polite and respectful
• Please use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don’t use the terms “foamer” or “foaming” in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that it needs to come first.
• Please keep personal details out of the chat. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames or avatar
• Coming into chat for the sole purpose of asking for subscriptions (subs) or to blatantly promote your channel
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
• Blocking a moderator (including Nightbot)
ABOUT THIS FEED:
La Plata, MO, in Northern Missouri, is located on BNSF Railway’s Marceline Subdivision at milepost 312.7, part of their Southern Transcon, the former Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (AT&SF) mainline between Chicago and Los Angeles.
Amtrak’s “Southwest Chief” passenger train stops here twice a day; the eastbound train #4 in the morning and the westbound train #3 in the evening.
The typical BNSF freight train volume is between 50 and 70 trains per 24 hours. There are 3 cameras available.
There is an ATCS layout available, as well as a radio feed for the western part of the BNSF Marceline Sub, listening to AAR road channel 30, 160.560 (also includes Norfolk Southern’s Kansas City District, on road channel 22, 160.440): http://www.railroadradio.net/content/view/282/325/
You will see many Amish and Mennonite folks at the station. Please be respectful of these communities in chat.
When’s the next train? Yeah, we get this a lot. You can figure out the next Amtrak passenger train with this handy link: https://www.amtrak.com/services/maps.trainlocation.html
There’s no schedule for freight trains, but some of our more knowledgeable members will provide real-time information when it’s available. Please refrain from asking.
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Virtual Railfan currently has 81 cams at 50 locations in 25 states and 4 countries. Visit our website for memberships, more free cams, and our own live chat. Thanks for stopping by, we’re glad you’re here!
Links to the Free VRF YouTube Cams.
Links for Virtual Railfan Members – Full Cam List:
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know.