Actual start date: June 26, 2020
You are watching a live stream of Fort Madison, Iowa, USA, for people who enjoy watching trains. You are welcome to join our family friendly chat. Please check out the rules below.
PTZ Cam: https://youtu.be/cOHhA_XIZZw
Static Cam: https://youtu.be/uWVz9i3q3Lo
Special thanks to the Kingsley Inn for sponsoring and hosting the camera! They love the train buffs who stay with them on their railfanning trips, and it shows in their hospitality! Find out more about the beautiful Kingsley Inn: https://www.kingsley-inn.com or visit them on Facebook for frequent updates: https://www.facebook.com/thekingsleyinniowa/
For information on the BNSF swing bridge : http://bridgehunter.com/ia/lee/fort-madison/
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: https://virtualrailfan.com/recording
• Be polite and respectful
• Please use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, please use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don’t use the terms “foamer” or “foaming” in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that it needs to come first.
• Please keep personal details out of the chat. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
• Please do not demand movements of the camera. The moderators will pan the 360 cameras at their discretion.according to the guidelines they have been given. It’s ok to alert the cam op to upcoming trains.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames or avatar
• Coming into chat for the sole purpose of asking for subscriptions (subs) or to blatantly promote your channel
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
• Blocking a moderator (including Nightbot)
ABOUT THIS FEED:
Fort Madison is on the BNSF Chicago Division/Marceline & Chillicothe Subdvisions. UP also has trackage rights. The only Amtrak that passes through is the Southwest Chief. The Fort Madison Toll Bridge to the east of camera is a swinging truss bridge over the Mississippi River that connects Fort Madison, Iowa, and Niota, Illinois. Rail traffic occupies the lower deck of the bridge, while two lanes of road traffic occupy the upper deck. FRA documents an average of 65 trains per day.
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Virtual Railfan currently has 81 cams at 50 locations in 25 states and 4 countries. Visit our website for memberships, more free cams, and our own live chat. Thanks for stopping by, we’re glad you’re here!
Links to the Free VRF YouTube Cams.
Links for Virtual Railfan Members – Full Cam List:
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear! Please email us at email@example.com. If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know.