This is a live stream of Flagstaff, Arizona USA, for people who enjoy watching trains.
Actual start date: 1/25/18
Info about the railroad in the area: https://flagmrrc.org/railfan/
You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but keep in mind that there’s a community with rules already established. Please check them out below.
East Cam: https://youtu.be/XnotRrW1udI
West Cam: https://youtu.be/5vkLsRK4N8A
This cam is sponsored by the City of Flagstaff. https://www.flagstaffarizona.org/?gcl…
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: https://virtualrailfan.com/recording
• Be polite and respectful
• Please use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don’t use the terms “foamer” or “foaming” in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that it needs to come first.
• Please keep personal details out of the chat. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames or avatar
• Coming into chat for the sole purpose of asking for subscriptions (subs) or to blatantly promote your channel
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
• Blocking a moderator (including Nightbot)
ABOUT THIS FEED:
Flagstaff, Arizona, in Northern Arizona, is located on the BNSF Railway’s Seligman Subdivision at milepost 344.2. The Seligman Sub is part of their Southern Transcon, the former Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (AT&SF) mainline between Chicago and Los Angeles.
Amtrak’s “Southwest Chief” passenger train stops here twice daily, as well as 50-70 daily BNSF freight trains. It’s a designated quiet zone, but the crew can use the horns at their discretion.
There is an ATCS layout available, with good server (data) coverage here in Flagstaff.
There is excellent radio coverage, from 3 different receive sites (antennas), one at Flagstaff and one each to the west (Williams) and east (Winslow):
When’s the next train? Yeah, we get this a lot. You can figure out the next Amtrak passenger train with this handy link: https://bit.ly/2M4bFLF
There’s no schedule for freight trains, but some of our more knowledgeable members will provide real-time information when it’s available. Please refrain from asking.
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Virtual Railfan currently has 81 cams, 50 locations in 25 States & 4 countries. Visit our website for memberships, more free cams, and our own live chat. Thanks for stopping by, we’re glad you’re here!
Links to the Free VRF YouTube Cams.
Links for Virtual Railfan Members – Full Cam List:
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know.